Read more below to find out if you qualify for Lifeline Assistance
On 8/2/16, the Public Service Commission of South Dakota designated Vast Broadband as an "Eligible Telecommunications Carrier" for its service area for universal service purposes. The goal of universal service is to provide all citizens access to essential telecommunication services.
Vast Broadband the supported services — voice telephony service and broadband Internet access service —throughout its designated service area. These supported services include:
- Voice grade access to the public switched network;
- Minutes of use for local service provided at no additional charge;
- Access to emergency services provided by local government or other public safety organizations, such as 911 and enhanced 911, to the extent the local government in Vast Broadband’s service area has implemented 911 or enhanced 911 systems; and
- Broadband Internet access service which includes the capability to send data to and receive data from the Internet, but excludes dial-up service.
Voice telephony service is provided at rates which start at $24.99 per month for residential customers and $25.00 per month for business line customers. Broadband Internet access service is provided at rates which start at $46.99 per month for residential customers and $79.99 per month for business customers. Vast Broadband would be pleased to provide you with specific rates for voice and broadband for your area upon request. Use of these services may result in added charges including taxes, surcharges, and fees.
Vast Broadband also offers qualified customers Lifeline service. Lifeline is a non-transferable, federal benefit that makes monthly voice or broadband service more affordable. The program is limited to one discount per household. Eligible households may apply the monthly Lifeline discount to either broadband service (home or wireless) or voice service (home or wireless) but not both. Lifeline customers also have the option to apply the discount to a service bundle, such as home phone and home internet. The Lifeline voice service also includes toll blocking to qualifying customers without charge. The current discount provided under the Company’s Lifeline service is $9.25 per month for each month that the customer qualifies.
A household is eligible for Lifeline discount if the customer’s annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines. You may also qualify for the Lifeline program if a customer, a dependent, or the customer’s household participates in one or more of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
This application can be returned to one of our local stores found on our website or mailed to Vast Broadband, Attn: Customer Care, 5100 S Broadband Lane, Sioux Falls, SD 57108. If you have additional questions please call one of customer care agents at 1-888-745-2888
Lifeline Program Restrictions
- Only one Lifeline service is available per household.
- A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or
- group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses.
- A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers (i.e., if you receive a Lifeline discount on your wireless service, you would not also qualify to receive that discount on your home phone service).
Violation of the one-per-household limitation constitutes a violation of the Federal Communications Commission’s (or "FCC") rules and will result in the subscriber’s de-enrollment from the program.
Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
Lifeline is a federal benefit and willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program.
General Lifeline Information — For Home Phone
Because phone service is so important in today’s world, Vast Broadband believes everyone should have access to it. We offer a discounted telephone service plan to make basic home phone service even more affordable for qualified customers. Lifeline provides qualified customers with discounted home phone service and the ability to add additional services and features.
Have questions about Lifeline Assistance? Our customer service staff is available to chat between 8 am and 5 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday.CHAT NOW