Updates and Measures Regarding COVID-19
Update March 19: Beginning Monday, March 23 we will be closing our stores to
walk-in traffic temporarily, until further notice.
We want to assure you we are open for business and our team is ready to assist you by phone, chat, email or social media.
As always, you can access your account online at VASTbroadband.com at your convenience to make payments, check balances and more.
We certainly understand our customers’ concerns and stress in this challenging time, and we understand that connectivity is of utmost importance.
Therefore, beginning March 16 the following measures are in effect to support our communities for the next 60 days:
- Vast opened all Wi-Fi hot spots to customers and non-customers free of charge. A list of locations can be found at vastbroadband.com/hotspots.
- Vast will partner with school districts to ensure students in need of connectivity for remote learning with limited resources can still have internet.
- We continue to offer our low-income internet programs to those that are eligible.
- Vast does not have data caps so customers with additional usage will not be charged any additional fees.
- Vast will work with customers individually affected by this crisis that may need special arrangements to ensure their services are not interrupted.
Furthermore, at Vast, the health and well-being of our customers, employees and communities is of the highest importance to us. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
At this time, no one knows how severe this outbreak will be. Given this uncertainty, we want to assure you we are taking proactive steps and precautions to help ensure our customers’ and employees’ safety.
Special Collections Procedures (AFTER Covid) (effective July 1, 2020):
Standard collections procedures will apply effective 7/1/20, except for customers in Louisiana with telephone service.
Customers who are able to demonstrate an inability to pay directly attributable to Covid will be eligible to negotiate payment plans:
- For residential and small business customers, the Company provides flexible payment arrangements for past due accounts on an individual case basis. Customer Service Representatives are authorized to give up to 10 days beyond the soft disconnect date or 25 days after the due date which falls 55 days after the invoice is mailed/received. Collections Department and Regional Managers are authorized to approve all payment arrangements. Under normal circumstances, the Company does not approve extending payment arrangements beyond 60 days unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Commercial accounts (excluding small business customers) are subject to the terms and conditions of the sales contract which include Early Termination Fees. The VP of Commercial Marketing is authorized to negotiate all payment arrangements on an individual case basis.